COP27, Sharm El Sheikh
Abir Leheta, Chairman and CEO of Egytrans, participated on a panel discussion about “Moving Towards Green Supply Chains in Africa” as part of #UnitingBusiness #Africa
The challenges facing supply chains in Africa are many, including lack of infrastructure, dominance of the informal economy and cross-border barriers, but the opportunities are also limitless with Africa representing the fastest growing middle class and consumer market in the world. The private sector must be supported and encouraged to adopt sustainable supply chain management practices that meet consumer needs while addressing social and economic issues in addition to going green.
I was happy to share what we at EGYTRANS have begun working on as we take the first steps in our #climateaction journey, Abir said.
- As a leading provider of #projectlogistics, we will continue to invest in our capabilities, with a strategic focus on providing complete logistics solutions for #renewableenergy projects, including #windfarms and #greenhydrogen
- Increasing our knowledge and awareness of climate issues and action by engaging in learning programs, beginning with #UNGC‘s “Climate Ambition Accelerator”
- Measuring and setting a plan to reduce our carbon footprint through efficient fleet management practices, reducing our energy consumption and adoption of new technologies as they become available
- Designing and certifying our new warehouse facility under construction in the #SCZone, in addition to any future projects, as a #greenbuilding
- Engaging and collaborating with business associations, other private sector companies, financial institutions and the wider community
No comment yet, add your voice below!